Instagram

Wednesday 12 February 2014

A Shocking Loss

Finally, I have a bit spare time to write. It has been a while since my last post. This post I am about to jot is far away from the topic of child development. It is a story to be read by him once he got his alphabets right in the future.

This past week has been a depressed period of time for me and my family. I have lost an uncle who is very dear to my heart. He was a kind hearted, an affable and charismatic person to anybody who knows him.

On Friday the 7th of February at approximately 2.00 a.m , as I was about to lay my head on the pillow, my cellphone rang. I said to myself, a phone that rings at these hours will only mean one thing. Emergency..

My mom delivered a news that Ayah Halim has just passed away. I was caught by a complete surprise. Suddenly all the memories I had with that great man flashes in my mind. Multiples of them came at the same time, I suddenly recalled those times in Golden Straits Villas in Port Dickson where my family and his family spends the school holidays when we were kids. I was so close to his eldest son back then. We used to spend quality times in Starhill Golf Club where all of the cousins happily dipped in the swimming pool until all of our faces turn African. Remembering all this nearly brought me to tears, I was trying hard to hold it back before waking up my wife.

We drove back to Bangi that very hour and saw the body has already covered up. There was my cousins mourning in tears. He was 56 years old. Same age as my father. A best friend to him as well. He was buried by his son just before Friday Prayers. In Islam, if a person passes away on a Friday, he is therefore blessed. The arrangement towards his burial was soundly smooth. It was a good death. Syukur Alhamdulillah.

The last time we experience death in our extended family was way back in 1997 when my grandfather passed away.

It has been a sad moment for our family. This loss has shifted the way some people think and act especially his children.

This has make me think of how The Creator can take your life away from you without you having any clue whatsoever. In our temporary life, we must strive to fully equip ourselves with "Iman" so that whenever death comes for you, you are ready.

I hereby extend my deepest condolences to my beloved cousins Amir Hamzah, Alif Hafiz, Syarah Aqilah and Ammar Haidhar and especially to their beloved Ibu. 

Al-Fatihah.




No comments:

Post a Comment