Instagram

Monday 4 November 2013

Fate

I have been thinking about topics to address to this blog for these past few weeks. The last post was narrations about my frantic infant. This post shall be about how i met his mother or in other words my wife. Bear in mind that she is also the chief financial officer, logistic planner, chef de partie, fund manager, chief janitor and also alarm clock of the house.

I met my other half Nik Nurul Diyanah for the first time waaaayyyy back in 2004 in Kolej Yayasan Pelajaran Mara (KYPM)*. I was in year two and she was a freshie. I was so reluctant to enroll with that college during that time because of my unenthusiasm to further study after all. To think about all this, to see how the dots interconnected to each other clarifies the enigmatic ways of God's work.

I know most of you have heard or read or even watched in movies where the actor says " I knew it when I first laid eyes on her". Well, if i were to rephrase it to my own context, i would say " I don't quite understand this, but why is my tummy ticklish? ". A sensation, an aura and abundance of need to be asked questions surrounds this specky long haired cute chinese looking girl. I must get know this female.

Things got better when I was forced to repeat my year two due to my lousy results and also a few mischievous acts in accounts class. I grieved a little but then I saw an opening. Repeating the year will move me closer to the target. Remember when I state that God works in mysterious ways? Well, this time the Almighty put me and her on the same tutorial group. From then on, things started to appear translucent. Series of events guided me to her.

I was still unsure of what I felt about her that time. The only problem was that she got a boyfriend but my naughty eyes can't seem to stop gazing at her. From then on, I plant my glance on the price , I observed in perseverance. I scouted like dessert eagle, waiting for the right moment to pounce until that perfect time came when I managed to get her number from a female accomplice.

So I did what every other charmer would do, texted her plentiful time, vomiting passionate words and altercations in form of short messaging system. Those were the glory days of Nokia 3210,3310 and the most advanced cellular was the 8250 a.k.a the"Butterfly". People can text without even looking at the keypad. I texted her everyday without miss, most of the conversations was empty, just plain gibberish. Each and every end of a long conversation will be concluded with my personal weapon of choice "The Spear of Bombastic and Amusing words"!!. I hinted and hinted my feelings towards her and I thought I worked my magic, but I was altogether wrong, an utter shame!. She does not seem to understand. I thought maybe because she had a boyfriend that time, or maybe she is just plain slow. Haha.

I have never got the chance to meet her face to face. The nearest I got to her is when i surprised her with an acoustic show at her apartment balcony during her birthday. Without the help of her housemates, I would not be able to work my charm. I thought i scored but once again, it is not sufficient to lure her away from her "soulmate". I was not too bothered with her reluctance because I too was seeing two other different girls. Haha! Things went sour, the volumes of sms's gone down and slowly fade.

In the year of 2006, a bunch of us pursued studies in Dublin, Ireland. Well, actually a whole load of us went to Dublin. Its like the same class in KL teleported to Dublin. The only difference was our lecturer's were fairer and the weather was fricking cold.

In Dublin, I adopted a different lifestyle, I was culture shocked with the distance that I have to walk to college and the coldness there. This factors effected my attendance to the class. I seldom go, so i rarely meet people. Plus, i got two housemates who share the same traits as I. Therefore, I don't get that much chance to meet Nik Nurul. I was too happy spending time with the lads rather than socializing with the lasses until one day I was fed with a news that she BROKE UP! Finally!

I was mentally planning for a way to approach her until God concluded it for me again! This time, he paired my roommate to her best friend. I was speechless. It cant go any better than that . We went dating for the first time at a restaurant called Madina. Awkwardness surrounded the four walls around us. It was by far the greatest time of my life. In 23 years of life, I have never experienced any sublimer feeling in my heart. I handed her a tissue made flower in admiration to her immense physical attractiveness. I have never looked back since then.

We went through tick and thin during our relationship. The experience that we share during the hard times and the happy times was priceless. There was a sense of completion when I married her in 11/11/11, similar to the feeling when you get to kill the castle dragon in order to save the princess in Super Mario Bros last level.

Today is the 4th of November 2013, a week to our anniversary,  two ecstatic years since we got hitched. I am contented that I took this path, no matter what the road will present us, it can be bumpy, it can be flat, we'll ride through it! Ailebeyu bebeh..:)


* Presently known as Kolej Poly-Tech Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment