Instagram

Thursday 20 February 2014

A Pleasant Indication

I remembered I was given various types of Piggy Banks or penny box or "Tabung" from my parents with the intention of developing my saving skills. There was this ridiculous hat wearing sitting elephant money box from Bank Simpanan Nasional and the other one was a sitting camel penny box from Arab Malaysian Bank. Whenever a coin is inserted into these containers, it will reward you with a standard monotone music like the ones from your secondary Kemahiran Hidup project. Everyday after school, I will put my remaining coins into those penny boxes. Well as a kid, my interest was just to hear the sound only.

I must admit that I am not a good saver. I have this temptation of digging back the coins that I've saved to buy some keropok Mi-Mi or Kek Hiro from the Bai Roti (Babu). Plus, the so called penny box was not that hard to break. The bottom part was made by plastic. A steel spoon will do the trick. 

My son has showed some descent saving skills since he was 8 months old. He learned how to insert coins in the money box first before he learned how to walk. Somebody bought him a Despicable Me minion penny box.

I can't recall who bought it for him. That thing was cute at first, there was this expected monotone sound device in it. Once triggered, the thing will shout " Heeeeyyyyyyyy, sexy laydehhh Ugh Ugh Ugh Oppa Gangnam Style". After 233 times later..
Interestingly enough, after mastering the skills of putting coins in a respectable place, the kid often seek for our recognition towards his gesture. Whenever he puts some coins into the penny box, he will glance at us and clap his hands. 

His persistence in skill mastering was so exceptional. He even improvises....Fahyim style.

14 days and counting...

Hat : Pumpkin Patch
Shirt : HNM
Pants : HNM
Shoes : Nike Kids Lunarglide 4
Cat : Fajaria Condo

No comments:

Post a Comment