Instagram

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Gymboree Play & Music Bangsar Village

And so it goes..Fahyim is in the verge of reaching 18 months old. Take my word, this might probably be the naughtiest age range of a baby boy. It is so monstrous,strenuous,atrocious or whateverous you can call it. This disquietness of him running around like a headless chicken can conclusively cost you your back, your arm and maybe your waist.

I have been observing my child and try to read his character as many times as I could. He is a very friendly boy. He is not afraid to initiate contact with other babies particularly the bigger ones. Some kids are afraid of him because most of the time he is a bit rough when it comes to physical contact. He probably just wanted to hug the kids but end up clutching their attire or accidentally poked their cheeks.

Last week my wife and I had our normal lunch date at a restaurant in The Weld just opposite my office. The owner of the restaurant got a baby boy whose age range is similar to Fahyim. That kid is far different if to be compared with Fahyim. He is much more composed, disciplined and clever too. Karl Huzaimi is the name given to him. The kid response promptly to his mothers instructions all the time. When his mother asks him to "wave" or say "thank you", he's chances of responding is quite high. Unlike Fahyim, he will do so if he wants to or whenever he's in a superb mood. 

We went to Medan, Indonesia last week for a short holiday. If I remember correctly, a total of  5 shopping malls in 3 full days was successfully visited and my wife ended up buying only a pair of shoes because the kid's temperamental state was quite high whenever we are out of the hotel. He refuses to sit in the stroller and whines when we picked him up. This behavioral patterns sums up the next step that me and my wife should do to nurture him. He needs a bit of discipline and socializing for him to move forward.

My wife has been scouting some play schools that we might consider to enroll him on. We purposely extended our leave just to see this play gym in Bangsar Village which is 5 minutes away from our house. GYMBOREE PLAY & MUSIC is the name of the gym. We were impressed with the owners (Pn. Jasmine) ability to portray their services and how their programmes will benefit our little monster. She is well experienced in this line of business that she can easily identify the traits and facts of our child to 99 percent accuracy. In shock I was but later on I learn the curriculum vitae of this lady was beyond debate. 15 years in experience and runs a chain of 6 centres including 2 in Singapore. This brand was originated in the States and this lady was handed the master frachisor for Malaysian market. "No competitors" she claimed.



The programmes requires either one of the parents to be present during classes. It is merely to stimulate the lifelong bonding between parents and the child. My wife and I went for lunch and discussed about it. Did the maths and decided to enroll on a package that consists of 48 classes for 45 minutes each session. These classes includes play,art and music. From my point of view, anything that adds value to nurturing our child and has the best value for money, I'm all up for it. We paid MYR 2,780 for the package and so the journey begins!

T-shirt, membership card and other freebies which I'm too lazy to read.
In other words, from now on, I have to spend 45 minutes of my beautiful Saturday with Fahyim at school..no more in front of the TV. Hehehe..






1 comment:

  1. So how do you find the place? Plan to enrol my 9months baby . Appreciate your post class review ;)

    ReplyDelete