Instagram

Monday 17 March 2014

First day at "school"

Last Saturday was the day in history where it was the first time my son gets to mingle around with a group of little rugrats in a playful environment. We enrolled Fahyim for a 45 minutes weekend playschool session at Gymboree Playschool in Bangsar Village and it was his first class.

I got my barney bag and my woody pony. Let's do this!
Frankly, I was quite impressed with his level of commitment and participation during the class given the fact that it was his first time and the habitual evidence of his resistance to abide orders. Fahyim finishes 80 percent of the activities instructed by the teacher without being forced. I was quite shocked with his proficiency to understand the English language conversed by the teacher. Well..I guess Pocoyo does help.. Haha.. There was a time when the teacher asked the parents to sing along to "Pop goes the Weasel". I was never a good nursery rhymer so that was a setback for me. I only know that particular line only - Pop Goes the Weasel and that's it ...Hehehehe.



The play class was compressed with approximately 10 songfull activities into 45 minutes.It is quite rushy if I were to comment. Most of the activities for Fahyim's level of age comprises the education about shapes with a mix of hand and eye coordination type of activities.

The settings and design of the place was very interesting for a kid of his age to wander around. They got those colorful slides, the swings, the tunnels and the play mat was one of the highest quality I've ever stepped on. So you wont be worried if your infant falls on it.
Aduhai..sapo plak nak kemas bola2 ni

I end up sweating like a pig chasing over Fahyim to guide him throughout the whole process. I never thought I paid money to burn calories here. My wife was laughing like a chimpanzee spectating his husbands armpits cries in vain. Next week will be her turn to participate and my turn to tease.

All in all, i'll be looking forward to see his progress next week. This first week he didn't make enough friends as he was so starstrucked by the amazing play area. He was busy climbing the slides and rolling on the floor rather than making friends.

Next week is going to be exciting for him. :)
Big ass feet with a big ass stamp



No comments:

Post a Comment