Instagram

Friday 27 December 2013

Little Monster

It has been a tiring past few weeks. My worklife is getting hectic, training on Saturdays and all that. But the most exhausting activity a 28 year old dude has to go through is chasing his kid here and there. Shopping malls and Toys "r" Us were the most challenging place to be at if you're not vigilant. I don't know whats going on in the kids mind. He tends to have an enormous amount of agendas inside his thick skull.

Give him 5 minutes in his red Quinny*  and that is it. Restlessness will creep in his mind and he will squeak like a choked Mariah Carey doing 5-octave range vocals. Haha. If let say you grab him in your arms and carry him around like that, he will now do a weight transfer skill to his back. The way he does it is like this, he will take his two strong legs and push it upon my chest, his arms will support this move. He will then twist his waist and free his hands prompting a dare devil parkour-like back flip fall. Of course I didn't let him fall though.

Driving the car nowadays is considered as a heavy task for me. Fahyim will constantly pull the gear and climb to the steering. He is the type of kid who will weep and cry till his nostrils is filled with mucus when you tuck him in the child car seat. I think we made only one full journey with him inside the car seat. That was also possible because he was sound asleep.

The only picture I have of him in the car seat.
I don't know what is happening to the new generation right now. Every kid I see now is occupied with tablets and Ipads. This seems to be the case with Fahyim also. It is our fault to begin with, we let him watch Barney and Friends using that tablet. He even call that tablet " Aniiiiii " . I came across this article which states that is bad for a kid to be occupied with "in a box" entertainment tools. He will become passive and lonely. So we only let him watch for 10 minutes and that's it. It is Astro's fault also that they don't show Barney anymore.

I am quite surprised with the kids ability to imitate others.  Every morning before I leave the house, if the kid is wide awake already, he will sit and observe me putting on my shoes. I came back from work one day seeing him putting on his old shoes. His baby shoes which does not fit anymore.Haha.. The very next day I saw him styling on the maids rainbow Flip Flops and wander around the house with a cheeky smile!

He is also a maestro of destruction I conclude, being a very energetic lad, making a mess is like a routine for him. His senses jitters in rebel beats when he sees tidiness. Below is the end product of an utter mess made by Fahyim on a daily basis.


I must admit raising this toddler up till now is a tiring yet exciting experience for us both. Being a first time parent, recording this journey in a blog form makes the memory grows fonder each and every day. Looking forward to the next episode of  the "Little Monster"





No comments:

Post a Comment