Instagram

Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Ultimate Power of Pocoyo!

I have never experienced this much cartoon since Aladdin and the Lion King. Everyday my TV set at home was fixed to the 613 channel which is the Disney Channel. It was one after the other, I went through various types of cartoons from Jake and the Neverland Pirates to Timmy Time and from Higglytown Heroes (it should be called Higglytown Hideous..hahaha ) to Elmo's World. But  I have never once in my life came across a cartoon series that has this much superpower to effect and influence the mind of young Fahyim. It is ultimately "The" frickin show and it is distinctly pronounced as " LET'S GO POCOYO"!!

There's another red squid called Fred and he is not in the picture

This blue dude wearing a blue suit with an ear flapping cap really really is something different. I must call its creator a sheer genius because he managed to design the show in a funny way for the purpose of education to these toddlers. 

Fahyim picked up a few words from the show including the names of the characters in it.  Pato the yellow duck is his favorite. He will pronounce Pato's name whenever that duck appears on screen. He can now say umbrella in his baby accent which is so cute which he picked up from the show. 

The only drawbacks of this show to me is the impishness of Pocoyo, his power of influencing the kid is shocking. The kid tends to imitate any and every move Pocoyo does. Be it facial expression, gestures and even its laughing style. 

Last two days, there's an episode where Pocoyo carries a red ball and started hopping around. My son ran across the living hall to pick up my Manchester United football and started hopping around imitating that stubborn Pocoyo

Because of the love and affection that my son has for this blue dude and his friends, I decided to find him some Pocoyo stuffs and I came to the knowledge that there's not much baby outlets that sells its products. There is one in Robinsons@Gardens and another one at Manjaku in Bandar Baru Bangi

Surprisingly, a t-shirt cost me MYR70 bucks and a sweat pants costs around MYR50. That's hell of a price tag for a kid's attire. Cekik darah punya Pocoyo. When we saw the price tag, I looked at my wife and she stares back at me. A mutual understanding was formed without any verbal interactions. We glanced at little Fahyim to seek alibi for spending our hard earned money. 

That lad was already on the floor hugging a Pato shirt and overjoyingly smiling at the shirt. At that point, another mutual understanding between a husband and wife was formed and finally we bought our boy his first Pocoyo merchandise. 

As long as you're happy me boy.







No comments:

Post a Comment